Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beauty Starts with a Good Foundation

I just recorded a new video comparing two foundations, the pros, the cons etc..

I find that I write better than I talk, so I will go into a little more depth here. 

I purchased Makeup Forever's HD Foundation a couple months back, when I was still a little tan to pull off the color. I gave in to the hype around this product, from watching videos to looking at pictures online. When a product claims to be "hd", they certainly have a reputation to uphold. I have to say that this foundation does hold up to the claim. It's not that thick of a formulation, but very creamy and opaque. 
I have tried various application processes, but I find that with this foundation, it is best applied with my hands. It goes on sheerer when using my Mac 187 brush, and when I use a typical flat foundation brush it's pretty good. I do think that to achieve the most natural look, using your fingers works best. 

My dilemma with purchasing a new foundation was that the color was looking a little orange/dark on my skin. It was the middle of January and I wasn't going back to the tanning bed because I'm trying to get my skin better, and that sure doesn't help. I really do like trying out new foundations and finding which ones work the best. 

I purchased Chanel's Vitalumiere foundation at Nieman Marcus a little while ago, also following the trend of Chanel foundations being the ultimate luxury. If I can't have the clothes, I might as well own the foundation!

I thought this was a more "healthy" approach to make, hence the name "vita."  When first applied, I noticed a more runny texture than the Makeup Forever HD. It blended in well, and left a dewy finish on my skin. This is what I wanted, a dewy more natural finish. I also noticed that throughout the day my face appeared more shiny than dewy. I have dry/combination skin and never has my skin appeared shiny. This is easily fixed with a powder, so I made sure to purchase a Mac mineralize skin finish natural, which also gave me a little more coverage. I love this foundation, but I feel as though Makeup Forever wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment